Pliant announce forum

Pliant announce forum

Pliant release 59

Message posted by hubert.tonneau on 2001/06/13 22:17:27

I've just uploaded Pliant realease 59 at http://pliant.cx/archive/pliant-59.tgz

Take with care: this is a development release.

• It's the first release I build on my FullPliant system, so there might be some small troubles related (missing files, file rights, ...)
  • I also added the few optimizations required to get full C speed from the GCC code generator interface for very low level algorithm
  • I had to make a few changes in the compiler engine to properly handle the 'recursive' call in the HTTP server (see newbie forum)

It's available for Linux and various Posix systems, but the Win32 version will come later because I have no Win32 system available at the moment to compile the binaries.

Message posted by maybe Patrice Ossona de Mendez on 2001/06/14 06:49:00
binary files are missing !
Message posted by maybe Hubert Tonneau on 2001/06/14 09:52:59
I've uploaded pliant-59a.tgz
Message posted by hubert.tonneau on 2001/06/25 12:50:57

I've just uploaded a Win32 version of Pliant release 59 as pliant-59b.zip

It has been compiled using GCC as a cross compiler. So will be all next releases.
The advantage is that I don't need to emulate Windows anymore, so now it's very easy and fast for me to build the Win32 executables, but the drawblack is that precompiling the PDEE will be untested most time, so users will have to report bugs in this area. Seems fair to me.

Message posted by michel on 2001/06/29 12:00:13
I've installed release 59b it under windows98SE It seems to work for the previous feature (perhaps new comments in few days), but not for the new ones in server configure
When asking for 
/pliant/fullpliant/computer.html
or /pliant/fullpliant/configure.html
or /pliant/util/backup/ the answer is the same :
"Failed to compile the_function   ('execute2'  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  '->'  Type rc)"
An other thing, please remove the help wanted topic in code forum. Thanks
Michel
Message posted by michel on 2001/06/29 12:02:13
I've installed release 59b under windows 98SE. It seems to work for the previous feature (perhaps new comments in few days), but not for the new ones. In server configure when asking for 
/pliant/fullpliant/computer.html
or /pliant/fullpliant/configure.html
or /pliant/util/backup/ the answer is the same :
"Failed to compile the_function   ('execute2'  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  Type rc  '->'  Type rc)"

An other thing, please remove the help wanted topic in code forum. Thanks.

Michel
Message posted by maybe Hubert Tonneau on 2001/06/29 12:12:34
Please post the all error message (including the stack report) so that
I can know which modules calls execute.pli which is not yet available
under Win32.