|No, and it is a feature.
The reasons not to implement key renaming are:
- the web is stateless, so what will append if the browser submits a form
and one of the records key has been renamed in the mean time.
- the key is used to implement logical pointers (just as in a relational
database), so if we implement rename, we have to implement automatic
updating of pointer like fields, and it makes everything much more complex.
- I plan to provide clustering over unreliable links at some point,
and it is also much more complex to mixte the various changes logs if
renaming is possible.
If you need to rename a key anyway, you have to do the following:
1) create the record with the new key
2) use 'data_copy' to copy the record with the old record to the one with the
3) delete the record with the old key